Welcome!

Welcome to Picturesque! This is a blog all about photography! Most of the photos are mine and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Roccella Alba Carrozza


She is a very petite woman. Strong. However, being a former cross-country runner, her muscles are very lean. She seams fragile, physically...ish. Not really though. Mentally? She is incredibly strong. Her skin is, as she would say: "Olive". It is ALWAYS soft, and smells clean. Like soap! Nice soap. No matter what, her skin is constantly warm. It doesn't matter if it is thirty-two degrees outside....she is always warm. And her cheeks....always rosy. It is constant. Not only that, but they are very prominent, as is her jaw bone. Her skin is always so clear. She seldom has to lather pounds of makeup onto it like other woman do to hide scars, wrinkles, and blemishes. She never has any. Her lips, like her cheeks are naturally red. In fact, we share the same shaped lips:  “Batman" lips. Behind those lips....her teeth. Always, so white. But, they are also very thin and translucent. However, very strong. They are so straight, but surprisingly, she never had braces. Nothing. The words flow out of her mouth smoother than butter, and they are always formed so perfectly, whether it be in English, Spanish, Italian or French. She has a very pretty voice, so it doesn't matter that she is constantly talking! She speaks a mile a minute. Every now and then, she mixes the pronunciation of an English word, with that of another language she speaks. My sister and I will laugh at her and tease her until she lifts her head to the side and attempts to hold back her laughter while denying it. Laughing uncontrollably, she will tell us: "It is because I speak Spanish so often... I just mix up the words sometimes!" By this time, her cheeks are bright red (brighter than they already are naturally), and she is laughing so hard, she begins to tap her toes. Her laughter is contagious. Lastly, her eyes. Her eyes, are a dark, chocolate, brown. Her Italian eyes are "almond-shaped" and possess such depth, that even when she isn't speaking to you, her eyes are. Missing you.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Louie:

    I loved your post: "Roccella Alba Carrozza," because you described your mother so well. One descriptive line you wrote that stands out to me is: "Her Italian eyes are "almond-shaped" and posses such depth, that even when she isn't speaking to you, her eyes are." I think this is great because I can visually see this and understand what your talking about. One syntatical element that stood out to me was digressions in the line "It doesn't matter if it is thirty-two degrees outside...she is always warm. And her cheeks...always rosy." It really helped to add stress to the fact she's always warm and has rosy cheeks. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you're fabulous girl.

    Lauren Turner

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Louie, I really loved "Roccella Alba Carrozza" because you were describing your mommy! which is so sweet and makes me want my mama here with me right now!A line tyhat really stood out to me was this one "Her skin is always so clear. She seldom has to lather pounds of makeup onto it like other woman do to hide scars, wrinkles, and blemishes." because even though I've never met your mama, I feel as if I can see her in my mind. I also loved the syntax you chose to put in your piece "She seams fragile, physically...ish. Not really though. Mentally?" The ... lets me know even though your mama seems fragile shes really not. and the "?' at the end of mentally, showing the reader a retoical question is just great! Because you know your about the answer the question if shes mentally tough or not and you know the answer is going to be about how strong and tough this woman is. thank you for your writing. i look forward to reading your next peice, i hope it is as sweet as this one!

    Much Love,
    Michelle Moore

    ReplyDelete